Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Aug 02 : "Better Day" - Current Blog Song

Philly Music!


In the previous blog I reprinted an insightful opinion piece by my friend, Colin Alcock. I first met Colin a few years ago when he was playing as part of the duo (with Jamie Campbell) "Seizure 17". Seizure 17 at its peak played all around Philly, including the Grassy Knoll, Khyber, and (quite often) the Fire.


While the instrumentals were always pleasant to the ear, the lyrics often steered away from the "catchy" and "reliable", touching on social attitudes and issues. Today I'm featuring one of their more mellow songs right here on my blog page. It's "Better Day", which is the fifth track on the band's cd "Too Pretty for a Riot". To hear the song,

================================
7/4/20 ::: OOPS. All links seem to have disappeared. Unfortunately, the band isn't around any longer. :(
================================

No comments:

Post a Comment