Sunday, April 29, 2012

Apr 29 : Northern Liberties Loop

I woke up in the middle of the night, and, omg, SEPTA lied to us, I didn't hear any trolleys. Where were they? Trolley service on the 15 was supposed to resume this morning.

When I got up for real later in the morning, I was already half disappointed. I had been looking forward to the resumption of trolley service but didn't know why they didn't seem to be running in the middle of the night.

Much to my delight, I found that the trolleys were indeed running, and that the upgrading of the rails over the bridge was probably why I didn't hear them rattling through the night.

The 15 is now operating on a "detour" due to the reconstruction of I-95, which is scheduled to take at least two years. ... On its eastern portion, the 15 passes under and then weaves its way around underneath the expressway.

The detour involves the trolleys' turning south at Johnny Brenda's (Girard Ave and Frankford Ave) and heading south on new track to a new turnaround loop at The Barbary (Frankford Ave and Delaware Ave, or near Sugar House).

The loop has been nicely constructed with a sheltered waiting area, maps, and some pleasant, though modest, landscaping.

Supervisors and track crews seemed to be out in full force to make sure that the first morning on the new route would run smoothly.

Here are some pics ::::















No comments:

Post a Comment