Monday, April 8, 2013

Apr 08 : "what we would do - featuring un.real" - Panophonic (Clifton Heights)

These were sure a couple busy weeks; had a lot on my plate especially with the community work. So I was happy to learn last week that Panophonic was going to be doing a show on the one night that I had free.

Panophonic is the solo project of area musician and promoter, Tom Lugo. Tom had put together one of his trademark "Popnoise Festivals", an evening of three bands featuring himself as Panophonic, UK shoegaze outfit Suzy Blu / Insect Guide, and NY / NC / LA outfit The Veldt / Apollo Heights. Was the theme of the lineup bands with multiple names? :)

That night I had an assignment. A photographic assignment. Tom handed me a camera and asked me to take pictures of him as he played. So that's what I tried to do. I tried to get him from different vantage points from the audience as well as sneaking around to the side of the stage to get a couple more shots from that perspective. ... ... I wasn't used to his camera and I'm pretty sure my results weren't that stellar. But luckily for Tom there were other friends taking pictures as well. ... Whew!

This was a first for Panophonic, playing at Voltage Lounge. I've seen Panophonic as well as Tom's band, Stellarscope, play at a variety of venues all around Philly, but this was the first trip to Voltage.

Here's a sample of Panophonic's music, "what we would do- featuring un.real", playing right here on my blog page :::








To visit Panophonic and hear more, here is the click ::: Panophonic (CLICK HERE)



No comments:

Post a Comment