Sunday, May 5, 2013

May 05 : "Bag Full Of Junk" - Seismic Thrust (Philly)

New Music / Freshly Written & Recently Released (Nov 2012)

Philly Music!

The name says it all. "Seismic Thrust". That's exactly what the music was at their show at Hong Kong Garden. Exactly. The pulse, the force, the motion, it was all there. It was my first time hearing them and they caught my interest right away.

... But ? ! ..... (yes, there's a but) ... Similar to The Big Drops which I wrote about in my previous blog, Seismic Thrust seems to have two personalities. The wild music at the live show and the tamer, more mellow persona on line. So, as with The Big Drops, I can't find anything on line that closely resembles what I heard at the show, so I'm playing on my page a good track, a good sound, but it's different. ... The song is "Bag Full Of Junk" that was released just this past November by the band and is their lead track on the album "Py Thanksgi" :::








I had heard Seismic Thrust a few weeks ago when they played on the same bill as Jackie Paper at Hong Kong Garden. Seismic Thrust has another show coming up this Saturday at The Thriftstore here in Philly. If you would like to visit them in the meantime, here is the click to their Bandcamp page ::: Seismic Thrust

So it's good to be back here. I've been away from the online world for the last couple weeks. My laptop did a slow death for about a week and then it took me several more days to find a good and similar replacement. ... More posts to come soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment