Friday, December 27, 2013

Dec 27 : "bINAURAL bEATS (recorded/mixed/mastered practice)" - 185668232 (Philly)

New Sounds / Freshly Written & Recently Released (2013)

Philly Sounds!

TRANSIT TUNES

I walked into the show at Vox Populi late, and Philly sound outfit "185668232" was playing "Broad Street Subway", a work that draws on background sounds of the sub into a sound performance piece. (Alas, it is not yet mounted any place as a recording).

My friend, Iam S. Mick, is the mastermind behind 185668232. In fact, 185668232 is his social security number!

Iam is embarking on an ambitious SEPTA series that revolve around various background sounds specific to the respective travel modes or lines. The project is in its early stages and "Broad Street Subway" was one of the first he's performed for the public.

I've told him that the 15 trolley would be a good candidate for his series. Lots of sounds including some interesting loud and sometimes rowdy riders. ... So Iam is going to supply me with a recorder to go out and record some of the action on the 15. I hope I can time it right; some of the exchanges I've heard on the 15 are priceless! :)

Back to Iam's recent show. I had missed several of his shows due to my work schedule, so tried to make it to this Friday show, but, having a changed work schedule again, didn't make it to near the end.

185668232 played other new work besides the sub song, "$0.00 (fullsoundscape...)" was one of them. this piece is interesting in the way it incorporates ringtones into the body of the piece.

Another recent track, from the Summer, actually, is "bINAURAL bEATS (recorded/mixed/mastered practice)", which is featured right here on my blog page:




185668232 doesn't have any shows coming up in the next week, so you'll have to visit on line; here is the click ::: 185668232 on Bandcamp (CLICK HERE)

p.s.... Make my attempt at recording worth the effort. If you see me on the 15, start acting all crazy. Your rants will be immortalized on Bandcamp. haha.lol

p.p.s. ... Here is the click to the original interview I did with Iam two years ago. "185668232 - The Interview" (CLICK HERE) We first met when we did the interview, but have become friends since.



No comments:

Post a Comment