Saturday, April 5, 2014

Apr 05 : "I Could Be" - The Silence Kit (Philly)

New Music / Freshly Written & Formally Released Tonite!

Philly Music!

"Wow" I said when I first heard this song. I've been listening to Philly post-punk band The Silence Kit for several years now, and hearing this track for the first time instantly made it my favorite Silence Kit song.

I like complex instrumentals, and this song has so much going on. Listen to the track, especially around the 2.00 mark when a few different background patterns start to kick in, each going its own way.

"I Could Be" is the first track on the band's new full-length album, titled "Watershed", which will have its special release show this evening at Bourbon & Branch, here in Philly.




My work sked has me on an early-morning routine this weekend, so, unfortunately, not being able to go to their show myself, I'm writing about it in advance, rather than afterwards. The Silence Kit always does a good show, and I'd recommend everybody go.

The Silence Kit has a presence all over the internets. Here is a click to their band page. The Silence Kit, band page (CLICK HERE).



No comments:

Post a Comment