Sunday, December 28, 2014

Dec 28 : "7/4" - Second Still (New York)

(Speeding Through Oct Nov Dec / Part 3)

New Music / Freshly Written & Recently Posted

"On, no, not again!" I thought as I walked into Palisades while the first band had just started to play. This was my second visit to Palisades / the first time I came on the wrong night. Did I misread the calendar again? This band didn't sound anything like any of the band web pages I previewed before I came.

As it turned out, no, I didn't misread the calendar. I was in the right place at the right time. The band I was hearing was "Second Still" which was actually the band scheduled. But it sounded quite different from it's web page. Almost like another band. I could now almost do a copy and paste of some of the ideas from my previous posting about "Enemy Planes", which also seemed to have two personae. But Second Still was taking it to a higher level: "two bands" on steroids.

While the instrumentals in their web presence are all nice and neat, clean and trim, the instrumentals in the show were fuzzier, fuller, and dirtier. Enveloping yet with a slight feeling of being out of control. I felt like I was in a sea of haze. Wow! Never to be one to complain about that, I have to say that I definitely like the live version I heard at Palisades last month.

But back to the web. They do have a few music samples on their Soundcloud page, all posted recently. This is "7/4", posted only a few months ago.




At the moment, Second Still doesn't have any other shows listed on their agenda, but you can keep tabs on them by checking their Facebook page Second Still on Facebook (CLICK HERE), or their Soundcloud page Second Still on Soundcloud (CLICK HERE).


========================================
On a personal note, I just got through a couple very busy work months, which is why I'm way behind in posting about the music I've heard. Am "catching up". :)



No comments:

Post a Comment