Sunday, August 28, 2016

Aug 28 : Kurt & The Silkboys

I really liked the opener at Silk City on Wednesday and want to see them again, but this appears to be another band of "secret agents", where they don't have any website and they don't even have a Facebook page! The mystery was deepened when the powers that be had the show listings separately as "Kurt & The Silkboys" and "Kyle & The Silkboys". But no Facebook page for either. (I'm doing a duplicate writeup of this on an adjacent "Kyle & The Silkboys" posting, because I'm not sure which they are.)

I got to the venue a little late and was able to hear the last three songs the band did. I was impressed. Interesting covers, including a Beatles track. Nice instrumentals, well-defined and fairly crisp, but with some engaging fuzz around the edges. I'm going back and would recommend you check them out as well. However, with no Facebook or web presence, their whereabouts are for them to know and for us to guess!



No comments:

Post a Comment