Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Apr 21 : "Paper Planes (M.I.A. cover)" - Sam Seeger (New York)

News
Sam Seeger Releases New Video



TECHNICAL CHALLENGE

Two weeks ago (Apr 8) Sam Seeger released a new video. This is "Paper Planes" and is a cover of a song from hip-hop artist M.I.A.. The song came out in 2008-2009 and is a satire on society's attitudes towards immigrants, written in part as an expression of M.I.A.'s own experiences as she fought the U.S. government.

I asked Sam how he came to do a cover of this song, and he said that part of it was for the challenge! I love everything about M.I.A.’s “Paper Planes”. I just wanted to play that riff on slide, and see if I could do the gun and cash register sounds with my guitar.

Challenge met! Here is Sam Seeger's version of "Paper Planes".






To visit Sam on Facebook, here's the link ::: Sam Seeger on Facebook (CLICK HERE).



No comments:

Post a Comment