Sunday, November 11, 2012

Nov 12 : "Mousetrap" - Ten Kens (Toronto)

New Music / Freshly Posted (September)

November is my busiest month for the community work. That added to business work meant that last week I only had Monday where I could stay up real late and go see bands. I was working in New York and had a "mix and match" in mind where I would go to Mercury Lounge for their early show and then spend most of the night at Pianos, and then top off the evening with the last late show at Rockwood.

I was all set to do this, but that Noreaster put a wrench in all my plans. While Philly wound up not getting a lot of snow, New York was having accumulation as well as some ferocious winds. I decided to do a double check of the venue websites before I left the office. While I was disappointed to see that Toronto band "Ten Kens" had been pulled from the Pianos lineup (this was the one I thought I would enjoy the most, not having heard before any of the bands playing at the three venues), I thought that there was still enough good music that the evening could certainly be worthwhile.

So I headed downtown but was real disappointed when I got to Mercury to find that they had cancelled the whole event (It would have been nice if their website had said that). ... I figured that, at that point, there would be too much waiting (a long wait) and too little music to warrant being up most of the night ... so I decided to cut my losses and return home.

The one band that I was really disappointed about not hearing was Ten Kens. Here, playing right here on my blog page, is one of their songs that intrigued me when I took a listen to their website. The track is "Mousetrap", which, they list as having been posted two months ago.








To visit Ten Kens on Soundcloud, here is the click ::: Ten Kens (CLICK HERE)



No comments:

Post a Comment