Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Nov 14 : "Half Truth" - Dead Leaf Echo (New York)

OCTOBER 24

I love this song, "Half-Truth". Very intriguing juxtaposition between the drums and the vocals. And the backdrop or foundation of some interesting chord progressions as well. I've never heard another song quite like it. Listen to it below.

This was one of the songs I enjoyed when I went to the Pilam to see New York band Dead Leaf Echo do a live show on October 24.

October 24 is a key date. Like The Silence Kit that I wrote about a few days ago, I've been having a difficult time trying to find free time when Dead Leaf Echo happens to be doing a show. Also, they don't get to Philly that often.

I hadn't heard them since 2008, coincidentally on October 24, when they did a show at Rehab, aka Club Midway. When I saw them on the previous October 24 they were a three-piece; on this October 24 they were a five-piece.

The song "Half-Truth", from their EP, "Truth", is playing right here on my blog page. Check it out: listen to those alternating drums and vocals :::








I like this band and I hope I don't have to wait until October 24, 2016 to hear them again. :)

To visit Dead Leaf Echo, here is the click ::: Dead Leaf Echo (CLICK HERE)



No comments:

Post a Comment