Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Dec 12 : "On My Way Down" - Long Walk Home (Philly)

(speeding through November... part 1)

Philly Music!

The past six weeks were the busiest of the year, but I did get out to see some bands, but not as often as I would have wanted. Also didn't get enough time to keep the blog up-to-date.

But, in an effort to catch up, let me tell you about a show I went to at the end of October. Had a mental block about writing this one, because Philly band "Long Walk Home", one of my favorite bands, did a whole show where they were covering a rock icon, who happens to be one of my least favorites. I tried to come up with all sorts of quips like "they did the impossible, they almost got me to like _____________" ... but I just decided to bite the bullet and get the writeup down."

Long Walk Home disbanded their regular performances a couple years ago and now just does one or two shows during each holiday season. I like Long Walk Home with their rich and complex instrumentals. They did an excellent cd in 2009, "Heavy Sand". The opening track "On My Way Down" is a favorite, and it's currently playing
================================
7/5/20 ::: OOPS. Link to music seems to have disappeared.
================================

To visit Long Walk Home, here is the click ::: Long Walk Home (CLICK HERE)



No comments:

Post a Comment