Sunday, December 30, 2012

Dec 30 : "Electric Splash" - Bad Liquor Pond (Baltimore)

New Music / Freshly Released (2012)

I thought they would NEVER come here. Ever since I first started to listen to Bad Liquor Pond, I realized that they never seemed to play too far from their native Baltimore. Maybe once in a while at a nearby festival, but mostly they restricted their playing within their city limits!

I was shocked to see them up here one evening a couple years ago attending another show (as audience members). Why not come up here to actually play?!

My wishes were fulfilled a couple weeks ago when Bad Liquor Pond came up to Philly to play at Kung Fu Necktie. It was a good fit for their first visit.

I first came across Bad Liquor Pond as I was checking out websites of bands that were playing in Baltimore the same night that another band that I like was doing one of their rare shows. ... I liked Bad Liquor Pond immediately and looked forward to seeing them live for the first time.

They wound up being just as good live, and that was the beginning of several trips down to Baltimore to see them ... although the alternatives of being up most of the night waiting for train back home or splurging for a hotel made it something that I couldn't do that frequently.

When I first heard them they had already just produced their full-length cd "Radiant Transmissions" (2008), which followed their previous full-length cd "The Year of the Clam" (2007).

Also in 2008, they came out with "Gypsy Cab E.P.", which does four covers including a very excellent rendition of the Stones' "The Last Time". That's something that they should also put out in wider release. ... They're faithful to the original, but strongly implant the Bad Liquor Pond psych sensibility within.

At the Kung Fu show they played a lot of work from their new 2012 full length cd "Blue Smoke Orange Sky". One of the songs, "Electric Splash" had previously been released as a single and is also playing right here on my blog page :::








To visit Bad Liquor Pond on the internets, here is the click ::: Bad Liquor Pond (CLICK HERE)

I hope that this was just the beginning, that Bad Liquor Pond will be back to Philly often!



No comments:

Post a Comment