Thursday, April 28, 2016

Apr 28 : "Chernobyl" - Windsor Park Walkers (Cherry Hill)

Friday night I went out to hear Windsor Park Walkers headline at Boot and Saddle. This was the first time I had heard them in several years.

I originally started listening to them back in 2006 when they did a lot of shows locally, several at Grape and Khyber, and for years. Then they seemed to vanish, only to reappear once in a while to do an isolated show.

The last time I heard them prior to Friday was a show at Johnny Brenda's in 2013. Back then I observed a slight mellowing of style compared to how they played in 2006, but I didn't know whether the change would be a trend.

Well, it wasn't. At the show this past Friday, the band was back to a presentation that was even more power-packed than when I had seen them originally. This is power-packed in the arrangements, the volume, and the physical movements of their stage presence.

It's been a while since WPW released a new album, so I wasn't sure which song I should feature with this writeup. But I got my answer in a lot of news stories appearing this week regarding the 30th anniversary of the Chernobyl disaster. Here is "Chernobyl", the fifth track on the band's 2008 cd, "50-Watt City" :::






While the band doesn't have a Facebook page, they do have a lot of their music on Bandcamp. Here is the click to that page ::: Windsor Park Walkers (CLICK HERE)



No comments:

Post a Comment