Sunday, July 31, 2016

Jul 31 : "Glasgow" - Milan to Minsk (Brooklyn)

New Music / Freshly Written & Recently Released

A third exciting band I heard on my Alphaville trip was Brooklyn band "Milan to Minsk". As with the previous two bands I talked about, the web music bears little resemblance to what they did live at their show, so there's not much I can play as a sample. Again, the music on their page is quite a bit more mellow than what they did live. Another example of two different bands! :) Milan to Minsk's live performance was a lot more raucous with both a trumpet and a sax as part of their lineup. And even a "ewi", which I had never heard before! What a great wind section! Yes, I'm gonna go back!

An interesting song on their Soundcloud page is "Glasgow". This is track #3 of their "Milan to Minsk" EP, which was released in January ::::






Milan to Minsk put on a great show, but unfortunately they don't have any upcoming shows in our area. However, here is the click to their Facebook page so you can keep up with them and not miss them the next time they play: Milan to Minsk on Facebook (CLICK HERE).



No comments:

Post a Comment