Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Apr 30 : "Your Photography Sucks And You're Not Special" - The Vegan Eaters (Philly)

Philly Music!

Whew! Lucky for me I didn't boast as I posted pics on Facebook; otherwise I might have found myself in the crosshairs of "The Vegan Eaters", who have done a scathing rebuke of a photographer in their song "Your Photography Sucks And You're Not Special".

"The Vegan Eaters" is the solo project of Philly musician Doug Trachtman. He did a surprise and unexpected show at The Wormhole on Friday night. The Vegan Eaters wasn't even on the bill, but he was in the audience and was asked at the last minute to get up and sing a few songs as the first scheduled band was getting ready to play. Very smooth performance.

So he opened up his show (as well as the whole evening) with this song. It was a great move. Lots of humor in the lyrics and the instrumentals are also fine. Straddles the line between words spoken and words sung. Interesting. I like the sparkling little interludes between the verses. Listen at about 0.35 on the clock and 1.03. So here is "Your Photography Sucks And You're Not Special", which is on The Vegan Eaters' album "Post-Modern Closet Star" :::






Unfortunately The Vegan Eaters don't have any shows coming up. But the next best thing is to listen on line. He's got a yuge amount of work in some exciting stylings on his Soundcloud page ::: The Vegan Eaters on Soundcloud (CLICK HERE).

(p.s. I guess I'm also safe since I didn't spend $700 on my camera.)



No comments:

Post a Comment