Friday, May 3, 2019

May 03 : "Electribe Jam to Tape" and "Electribe Jam to Tape II" - Sam Seeger (New York)

New Videos / Recently Released (April 11 and 22)

NEWS! SAM SEEGER RELEASES DUAL VIDEOS ::: ::: Over the last few weeks Sam Seeger has done two video releases. The first video especially is a break from what we see in his other video work. First, it's entirely instrumental, no lyrics, and, secondly, the camera is focused almost entirely on the equipment, very few shots of Sam himself. The second video does have lyrics and it does focus on Sam a little more, but it all seems to be in the context of highlighting the instruments and the equipment. Both videos feature Electribes, which he has used for years in his recordings.

Nice music; nice beats. I asked Sam to tell us more about how he created these videos and what they're all about.

Hey Bob, Hope your holidays were great as well!

I got introduced to Electribes when I was in middle school. My father had gotten the ER-1 and the EA-1 because he wanted to make beats during his karate class. His DJ Sensei phase was short lived though, and I’ve been using them ever since—and accumulated two of the newer generation models along the way. I use them on pretty much all my recordings, but usually in a disjointed fashion, tracking parts individually and mixing everything in Pro Tools. I was curious to hook them all up together and capture more a “performance” with them. I also thought it would be cool to record to tape for the texture, but also to be locked to what I got. I’ve released two of these performance videos so far, and I have a third one in the works.

Another project I’ve been doing with these machines is making songs out of voicemails from my family members. So far I’ve done my grandmother and my brother Ben. Not yet sure who’ll be next. In the meantime I’m heading to LA to compete in the Shred For Your Life guitar battle on May 11th at Zebulon!

Good luck in the competition. And thanks, Sam, for the stories!

So here's the first of the Electribe performance videos :::



Electribe Jam to Tape (with Slide Guitar and Bass) ER-1, EMX and ES2 "Electric Tape"







And here's the second :::



Electribe Jam to Tape II (with Slide Guitar and Bass) "Apple Z"








Sam has been on a roll and has put out several videos over the last few months. Am looking forward to seeing what's next. ... He says there's a third "performance" by the Electribes coming soon!

Here's a click to Sam's Facebook page where you can watch what's going on ::: Sam Seeger on Facebook (CLICK HERE).



No comments:

Post a Comment