Friday, January 31, 2020

Jan 31 : "Scarecrow Pt. 1" - Nic Sanderson (Philly)

Philly Music!


pic from Nic Sanderson's Facebook page


It was the music of Philly post-punk artist Nic Sanderson that caught my attention. After listening to samples of lots of bands playing at lots of venues on January 17, I decided to go to Ortlieb's, where Nic Sanderson was going to be opening up the evening. In listening to Nic Sanderson's music on line, I immediately liked his strong instrumentals. The music had some intriguing and unexpected chords and arrangements, just the right amount of messy, and rounded out with some interesting fuzz. Although I got to the venue a little late (going after work), I liked what I heard; it was even better than the online version. (Time had passed since the release of the albums). I hope to catch a full show in the future.

Nic Sanderson has a couple albums out. One of them is from 2017 and is titled, "Blurry Being". This is the seventh track on the album and is titled "Scarecrow Pt. 1" :::






Looks like I might have to wait a while to see a complete show; Nic Sanderson has no other shows coming up soon; but here is the link to his Facebook page, where we can find out when that next show will be. Nic Sanderson on Facebook (CLICK HERE).



No comments:

Post a Comment