Saturday, July 14, 2012

Jul 14 : "Born Heavy" - Darlings

(an antidote to the dry spell ... part 3)

In my previous postings about the "dry spell", I didn't mean to imply that only in New York is good stuff happening. For the free time I had the week of July 2, I also looked at various venues in New York and it was just Glasslands as an isolated example that had music that interested me.

Also, within the last week I've had to back away from a couple interesting shows that I've seen coming up. Because I've had obligations early the next mornings and wanted to stay in the night before, I missed Left Of Logic playing at Milkboy last weekend and Jackie Paper playing at Hong Kong Garden last night.

So maybe I should revise my complaints about the "dry spell" to say that the "dry spell" only seems to pertain to the nights I have off, but seems to be in remission on the nights that I don't have free. Because there's some interesting music around on those other nights when I can't get away. :(

Also, available music is subject to the individual agreements reached by venues and bands as to who's playing when and where.

But back to my first choice for July 2. It seemed to be a LADIES NIGHT at Glasslands. Women were featured in each of the bands, including the third band up, which was Brooklyn band, "Darlings". Playing right here on my blog page is "Born Heavy", which the band released in 2010.








They don't appear to have any other upcoming shows listed, but they announced they do have a 7" single coming out next month. To visit Darlings, here is the click ::: Darlings (CLICK HERE)



No comments:

Post a Comment