Sunday, March 16, 2014

Mar 16 : "365.242" - 185668232 (Philly)

New Music & Noise / Freshly Written & Recently Released

Philly Noise!

Iam and Soni have been together for a little over a year. In celebration of that, my friend, Iam, always ahead of the curve, posted a short track on his page, "365.242", in the song notes for which he says, Soni & I have been together for one year! Here's a very raw sound-scapel that took me all of 3 hours to assemble. I bowed a church (hand) bell, sampled the recorder (little learning instrument for reed study), generated a bass tone from my voice ... & minimally glitched ChipTunes sequences. Still experimenting with the end and the word layers. "Pop-goes-the-_"

Iam can put together pieces quickly and/or on the spot. A couple weeks ago I wrote about a show he did at Yell Gallery where he had a table full of props whose sounds he recorded then incorporated into a piece he played as part of his performance.

Last Thursday night I saw 185668232 do a show at Ortlieb's Lounge, where, in a similar fashion, he recorded the last few bars of the in-between-bands-recorded-interlude music and snapped them into part of the piece he performed. He told me the show was entirely impromptu, so there's no direct similar track to feature here on my page today, but this most recent posting that illustrates his ability to create noise and music pieces spontaneously from whatever is around him. Here is "365.242" :::




185668232 doesn't have any new shows coming up soon, but here's the link to the "365.242" page. 185668232's "365.242" page (CLICK HERE)



No comments:

Post a Comment