Saturday, February 9, 2019

Feb 09 : "That Kind of Lonely" - Wild Manes (New York)

Three women vocalists with a band! A few weeks ago I saw New York band "Wild Manes" for the first time. They were headlining at Mercury Lounge. When I first came across them on line, my impression was that they seemed almost like an a cappella group with the instrumentals off in the background.

But when I heard them live, it all changed. I felt the instrumentals were almost equal to the vocals in intensity. They now seemed to provide the foundations for the songs, rather than the other way around. The sound mixing at the show especially brought the percussion out to the forefront.

While I enjoyed their show, I was sorry I couldn't stay for the whole thing, as I had too much drama with the trains last month. But hope to see the band again.

While there is not that much of a resemblance between the online music and what I heard at the show, I'm featuring this track with this post because I like the interesting changes in textures. Here is a track from their 2016 album, "A Late Spring". This is "That Kind Of Lonely" :::






Wild Manes doesn't have any other shows coming up soon, but here is a click to their Facebook page, where you can keep an eye on what they're doing ::: Wild Manes on Facebook (CLICK HERE).



No comments:

Post a Comment