Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sep 11 : "Lay With Me" - Current Profile Song

THE DOORS ON STEROIDS


"The Doors On Steroids". That's what went through my mind as I listened to an excellent show by "The Flying Eyes". The Flying Eyes is a heavy psych band from Baltimore, and the location of the show was at yesterday's annual "Hampdenfest". The Flying Eyes got the day going, playing shortly after noon, at the beginning of a string of shows that went all the way til after 6.. On some of the songs there are some instrumental and vocal stylings that are clearly reminiscent of Jim Morrison and The Doors. However, The Flying Eyes is much more heavy-handed in its work; they definitely have their own style. One of the things I find intriguing about the band's music is that, in spite of their intensity, they still retain a smoothness.


Yesterday was actually the second time I heard them live. The first was back on August 21, 2009, when they played at Ottobar with Bad Liquor Pond. I made a notation at the time that I enjoyed them and that they were worth seeing again, which was why I made it a point to see them yesterday. However, while I liked them before, I was very impressed with them yesterday and will probably up my impressions to include them in a band whose shows I actively have to seek out.


Current song playing is "Lay With Me" by Baltimore band The Flying Eyes.






To visit The Flying Eyes, here is the click ::: The Flying Eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment