Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sep 21 : "Remote Unelectrified Villages" - Current Blog Song

New Music / Freshly Written / Not Yet Released


While I was at Hampdenfest I ran into Rusell de Ocampo, keys man for Baltimore band "Yeveto". He told me some good news, that the band is going to be coming out with a new album, which will be having its formal release at Windup Space on November 12.


I had heard Yeveto play at Hampdenfest last year and was sorry they weren't going to appear this year. They have a very distinctive sound. It's the only (experimental) rock band I've seen that has a cello as a regular component of its lineup (Amy Cavanaugh is the cellist). In many of the songs the cello plays the melodic line with the guitar joining the drums to provide rhythm.


The music is forceful and dark, very unique. The band has carved out its own place musically.


So what music is going to be on the new cd? Russell didn't say. But one of their new songs that might make an appearance is "Remote Unelectrified Villages" which is playing right here on my blog page.








So I hope I can get down to Baltimore to see their new show in November. The band does a high-power performance.


To visit Yeveto, here is the click ::: Yeveto (CLICK HERE)

No comments:

Post a Comment